Strategic Resources, Inc.
Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 rated full service provider with more than 29 years' experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces.
Overview: The Telecommunications Mechanic I candidate Will have a Secret clearance and support the cable plant infrastructure to include new installations, troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance to ensure telecommunications are fully operational. The Telecommunications Mechanic I performs a variety of inside and/or outside plant tasks and responsibilities as listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Completes moves/adds/changes by reviewing customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
* Following industry standards and in coordination with the Government and other technicians, maintains voice and data networks by running, pulling, and terminating cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and building ironwork and ladder racks, establishing connections and integrations.
* Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms by identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
* Resolves more complex telephony issues which may impact VIP users and/or issues impacting large number of users.
* Serves as team lead on major projects requiring support from multiple technicians, to include other Telecommunications Mechanic I's and Install & Repair technicians.
* Documents network by labeling equipment and cables.
* Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
* Maintains, installs, de-installs, moves, removes, and test copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cable.
* Installs communication closet equipment such as racks, cable trays, conduit, and cables.
* Responds to service requests, troubleshoot, isolate, and repair voice and data problems.
* Inspects and performances routine maintenance in manholes, such as draining water. Assists with repair, securing, and replacement of all cable-related defects within manholes.
* Inspects telephone poles, pedestals, handholes, and other outside plant infrastructure. Reports deficiencies and makes repairs as necessary or escalates as needed.
* Provides training and guidance, as needed, to Install & Repair Technicians.
* Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
* Assists with work order and trouble ticket administration within the Telephony Management System (TMS).
* Maintains safe work environment and conditions by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned to support contract requirements.
* Attends training sessions as required (DoD, Information Assurance, Security, Corporate).
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
* High school education or equivalent
* Five years of experience on maintenance, installation, testing, and repair of telecommunications equipment and systems
* Have the ability to lift and/or maneuver loads weighing 50 pounds or more
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Must be able to maintain a valid driver's license
* BICSI Installer I (or higher) certification preferred
Security Clearance Requirements:
* Must have A current and active Secret clearance based on favorable results from an OPM T3 (or similar) National Background Investigation. The successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
Strategic Resources is an Equal opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to ACCOMMODATION@sri-hq.com or call 703-749-3040 to let us know the nature of your request.
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
Strategic Resources is a full service, national executive search firm specializing in senior-level executive search and Board of Director appointments. We also offer introductory services for M&A or strategic alliances. Our Mission To apply our services and expertise toward our clients' success by making immediate, distinctive and substantial impacts on their business performance. Our Vision We will be the "go to" firm for specialized executive search assistance nationwide, recognized for our professionalism, access to exceptional candidates and clients, and commitment to the highest levels of customer service. We will provide a solid resource base that is large enough to serve the needs of all our clients, while remaining small enough to care for the unique requirements of each one, as we work to bring people, companies and opportunities together. Our Values Above all, we value Ethics, supported by Integrity, Leadership and Professional Excellence.