Nokia Siemens Networks
Senior System Integration Engineer (G-9)
This assignment is working as an senior system integration engineer for NAM System Integration Business Group in support of deploying both bare metal and cloud based 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) Wireless Voice and Data Networks. Responsibilities include working at Wireless Service Providers MSC and Data Centers to Integrate, Test and Turn up the LTE Evolved Packet Core Network (MME, SGW, PGW, HSS, PCRF and NSP/Netact) the LTE Radio Access Network (eNodeB, XMS OA&M & UE) and the IP / MPLS based Transport Network (7705SAR and 7750SR) and IMS components.
Once the equipment has been physically Installed & Powered Up the Integration Engineer will use Integration Documentation, Customized MOP s and Job Aides to Integrate the equipment at the Box and Solution level ensuring successful completion of Exit Criteria, Test Plans and Solution Verification.
Testing responsibility includes creating; base lining and executing acceptance and IOT test plans before the customer network goes live.
The successful candidate will be performing the following tasks.
* Provide leadership in driving cloud technologies/telco datacenters and have excellent knowledge of the 3GPP standards.
* Work as a member of a project team that includes Program Mgmt. Customer Engineering Resources, Installation, Customer Technical Advocates and Remote Technical Support
* Upon installation, complete bare metal or cloud integration of the network elements of the Evolved Packet Core, Radio Access & Transport Network and IMS using Detailed Integration Procedures, Customized Network Design Documents and Applicable Configuration Files and Scripts.
* Successfully provision Software Applications and Platform Configurations
* Create, baseline and execute ATP and IOT and solution testing.
* Provide Mgmt and Project Team with Concise Status Reporting, Issues Blocking Progress and Next steps.
* Verify and Support Successful End To End Data and Voice Calls are being processed via the Packet Core and RAN in conjunction with IMS Network for both NOKIA and 3rd Party equipment. (Per Design and Statement of Work)
* Obtain Customer Sign-Off on Service Completion.
* Master s degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Physics or equivalent job experience.
* Strong Experience with Telco cloud technologies, Integration, Test, Turn-Up & Troubleshooting of Network Equipment in to Commercial Mobile Switching Centers owned/operated by Wireless Network Service Providers
* Minimum of 10 years experience in Telecommunications industry with specific focus on Wireless Broadband and Backhaul Networks. Possess strong understanding of Telco cloud, LTE, CDMA / EVDO, UMTS and IMS Architecture.
* Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, VPN, PPP, VRRP, HSRP, OSPF, BGP and SNMP protocols.
* Strong experience with openstack, vmware, cloud orchestration and Hadoop.
* Excellent Customer Support and Interfacing skills are required.
* Travel is required during Network Integration and Testing phase.
* Expected to be self-directed and demonstrate solid judgment when managing travel, expenses, time, and project constraints
* Strong knowledge of 3GPP standards
* Strong knowledge of Nokia cloud products, cloudband, Nuage is a plus
* Intermediate/advanced knowledge of deploying SCADA, PLC applications in the data center environment for key Enterprises
* Knowledge of emerging Public cloud services (AWS) solutions for all the industry verticals
* Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization
* Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such FERC, NERC
* Demonstrated experience in creating Backoffice application architecture for SCADA, Utility meters, PLCs logic
* Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
* Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
* Experience programming applications backed by cloud service
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.