Digital Signal Processing System Designer
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is looking for top talent to architect and design RF digital processing systems. The selected candidate will work to establish a complete system design solution that considers the full spectrum of signal processing technologies including:
• Communications (voice and video) signal compression protocols to support all mission areas (Military, Special Programs and Commercial)
• Special RF Signal processing
• Secure Communications systems (i.e. with frequency hopping and crypto requirements)
• User hand held equipment
• Ground Networks
• Satellite Transponders
• Satellite Antennas
The Signal Processing Systems Engineer will:
• Work with program and customer requirements to understand total system throughput goals.
• Identify or use customer directed signal processing protocols to be used in system capacity calculations.
• Use, maintain, and develop tools for the purpose of evaluating and demonstrating signal processing algorithm performance.
• Perform trades of ground, user, and satellite configurations to maximize system capability
• Create top level requirements for ground, satellite and user equipment.
• Work with satellite communications and antenna systems architects to establish detailed satellite systems architectures.
• Within the satellite communications payload, establish the Analog-RF interface to the digital processor and collaborate with the digital processor hardware subject matter experts to identify and implement the digital processor signal processing architecture.
The position is located in Littleton, CO
RF Engineering, Radio Frequency, Digital Signal Processing, DSP, Payloads Engineering, Spacecraft Flight Hardware, Satellite Communications, SATCOM, System Design of Digital Communication Systems, CPE, HFSS, CST, FEKO, MiCian, WIPL-D, Microwave, Antennas, Receivers, Reflectors and Transmitters.
• Prior End to End Communications System Archictecture development experience
• Prior experience developing, implementing, and evaluating signal processing algorithms.
• Prior experience in satellite communications system design
• Active SCI Clearance