The MITRE Corporation
McLean, VA 20598
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE’s Communications Network Engineering and Analysis Department, T861, which is part of MITRE’s Infrastructure and Networking Technical Center, seeks a Senior Wireless Networking Engineer to perform systems engineering, design, analysis, R&D, and experimentation of wireless networks supporting various U.S. government initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your technical expertise, thought leadership and insights to solve our customers’ most complex problems. You will work with a team of highly skilled engineers on wireless networking projects.
Perform systems engineering, design, analysis, and experimentation of wireless networks. Evaluate the performance of MAC and higher layers of various wireless networks. Propose R&D initiatives. Participate in commercial and government wireless working groups.
BS Degree and 3 years of relevant experience
* In-depth knowledge of wireless networks, protocols, systems, and standards.
* Knowledge of wireless security standards.
* Background in MAC as well as higher layer and cross-layer design and analysis.
* Familiar with TDMA, CDMA, CSMA, OFDM and OFDMA, and Layer-2 protocols.
* Knowledge of wireless networks (e.g. 4G LTE, W-CDMA, Bluetooth, GPRS/EDGE, WLAN, MANET).
* Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent customer interaction skills.
* MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 3 years of experience
* C/C , scripting languages, or Java programming experience
* Modeling and simulation experience using commercial tools (e.g. Riverbed/OPNET, MATLAB, QualNet, STK) is a plus.
* Familiarity with networking architectures and protocols (e.g. TCP, IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, SIP, MANET).
* Familiarity with testing and measurement techniques and various commercial and open-source testing tools.
* R&D and analysis experience.
* Open to work in northern Maryland.
* To be eligible for consideration for this position, candidates must either have an active Top Secret clearance or be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
The MITRE Corporation
Website : http://www.mitre.org
MITRE is a not-for-profit organization that operates research and development centers sponsored by the federal government. We operate FFRDCs—federally funded research and development centers—which are unique organizations that assist the United States government with: Scientific research and analysis Development and acquisition Systems engineering and integration We also have an independent research program that explores new and expanded uses of technologies to solve our sponsors' problems. MITRE's Sole Focus Is to Operate FFRDCs MITRE is chartered to work in the public interest. We have no commercial interests. We have no owners or shareholders, and we can't compete for anything except the right to operate FFRDCs. This lack of commercial conflicts of interest forms the basis for our objectivity. We also have the ability to acquire sensitive and proprietary information from the government and industry to inform our work. These organizations are able and willing to share data because they know we won't use it for a competitive advantage. Moreover, because we operate multiple FFRDCs, we foster a culture of knowledge sharing. We apply what we learn from addressing one sponsor's challenges to similar issues faced by other federal agencies. This means when sponsors engage with us, they have access to all the minds of MITRE. (Video) MITRE, a strategic partner working with industry and academia to apply science, technology, and systems engineering, enables the government and the private sector to make better decisions.