Synovus Financial Corp
Job Description: Job Summary:
Provides protection of employees, customers, property and assets through monitoring and utilization of electronic systems. Monitors alarm systems, fire detection, electronic access control, closed circuit television, GPS tracking and other automated building systems to deter and protect against fire, theft, burglary, vandalism, and all illegal and unauthorized activity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors Mastermind, C-Cure and Closed Circuit Television Electronic Systems to deter and protect company properties against fire, theft, robbery, vandalism, and all illegal and unauthorized entry. Monitors all Synovus buildings, branches, ATM's, and executive residences and responds accordingly.
* Receives, evaluates and responds to all calls received in the Security Operations Center.
* Participates in monthly alarm testing of all money points at branches monitored by Corporate Security. Participates in annual alarm testing of all alarm points at branches monitored by Corporate Security.
* Documents shift activity utilizing the Shift Summary Log Sheet, sends e-mails, enters notes in applicable systems/applications and completes incident reports when required.
* Conducts building security checks and inspections by walking through facilities to ensure security and safety. Opens and closes facilities.
* Responds to all emergencies including fire, medical, theft, robbery, panic alarms and maintenance issues. Takes control of the situation and responsibility for bringing the incident to a successful resolution. Serves as a liaison to law enforcement, fire, Emergency Medical Technicians and maintenance personnel as needed.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Physically able to complete training involving firearms, expandable batons, pepper spray and any other equipment used by Synovus Corporate Security.
* Demonstrates sound judgment and ability to respond to stressful situations with confidence while remaining calm.
* Ability to interact with varying levels of the organization.
* Strong PC skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office software products including Word and Excel.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience working with teams.
* Certification(s): CPR/AED certification, valid driver's license and eligibility for a weapons carry license applicable to assigned location are all required. Must complete and pass a state certified firearms qualification course within six months of hire date.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Experience working in a call center environment and working with C-Cure, Mastermind, 3SI, and March Networks
* Bachelor's degree
* Up to six months of corporate security experience with a law enforcement background.
Synovus is a financial services company with more than $26 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus' bank divisions provide commercial and retail banking, investment and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. From a Single Bank to One of the Largest Institutions in the Southeast Synovus started as a savings bank along the Chattahoochee River in Columbus, Georgia in 1888. What began as a community bank more than a century ago has grown into an innovative financial services company. Today, Synovus is one of the largest financial institutions in the Southeast, providing commercial and retail banking to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.