Help Duties Summary
About the Position:
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation for Cyber Workforce Positions.
Pay will vary by geographic location.
Federal employees in Puerto Rico are currently entitled to receive a 3.48% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to changFederal employees in Honolulu County, Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Learn more about this agency
* Maintain complete knowledge of all operational facets of the Technical Control and Satellite facilities.
* Plan and develop methods, procedures, policies, and techniques governing command-wide decisions on telecommunication systems.
* Complying with telecommunications systems policies, procedures and programs.
* Establish policies and procedures for operations and maintenance of telecommunications facilities, systems, equipment, infrastructure, and services.
* Resolve command-wide decisions involving difficult and controversial policy issues and unusual communication and computing systems
* Technical advisor on telecommunication facilities and service contracts, cable installation, and repairs and voice/data communication support.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel - Up to 30% Temporary Duty Travel - Varies by location
* Job family (Series)
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
* These positions may be designated Mission Essential In the event of severe weather conditions or other emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
* Employee shifts may be rotated on a regularly scheduled basis to cover evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations.
* These positions may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
* These positions may requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
* These positions may requires the incumbent to take and successfully pass a Counterintelligence Scope Polygraph (CI/Poly).
* Due to the nature of this position, employees may be required to work both planned and unscheduled overtime.
* The incumbent may be required to carry a cellular telephone and maintain a working personal telephone at all times.
* The duties of this position may require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
* These positions may require heavy lifting and may required a pre-employment physical.
* See Additional Information Required section for additional conditions of employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes enhancing the efficiency of various digital data systems and networks; installing and repairing various communication systems and satellite equipment; operating various types of communication equipment i.e.,long haul communication circuits/systems/networks, and cryptographic equipment.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.