Sirius Computer Solutions
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose for this position is for design and integration of network based solutions to the client. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots networking solutions, including but not limited to enterprise-level Cisco route/switch and Security solutions
• Designs, architects and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
• Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
• Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
• Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
• Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
• At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with Cisco route/switch Networking Solutions, including security products such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, Cisco Firepower and/or Cisco ISE
Other Position Requirements
• Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and security solutions and strategies
• Experience with protocol stack that includes skills in layer 2/3
• Network design experience, to include demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
• Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for a networking team
• Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching certification
• Cisco CCNP Security certification
• Cisco Firepower training/experience
• Cisco ISE training/experience
• Consulting experience
• Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Sirius Computer Solutions
Website : http://www.siriuscom.com
Sirius is a national integrator of technology-based business solutions that span the enterprise, including the data center and lines of business. Built on products and services from the world’s top technology companies, Sirius solutions are installed, configured and supported by our dedicated teams of highly certified experts. With the right people and the right partners, Sirius is able to focus on solutions to help IT professionals cut costs, increase reliability, ease the burden of management, maximize flexibility, mitigate risk and improve service. We require our teams to be certified in multiple disciplines and products, so they can help you get from the high-level architecture of a solution all the way down to the technical configuration and implementation of point-products. Since its founding in 1980, Sirius has grown to be one of the largest IT solutions integrator in the U.S. Today, Sirius offers integrated, multivendor technology solutions that meet the requirements of the full range of organizations, from small businesses with fewer than 500 employees to large enterprises with thousands of employees and hundreds of locations.