Bethesda, MD, United States
Sep 14, 2021
Sr. Manager - Contract Management
Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Drafts and negotiates all aspects of the company’s contractual agreement(s) with Vendors on behalf of Marriott Information Technology and its business functions with primary responsibility for overseeing the entire contracting lifecycle from leading the competitive bid process through contract negotiations, and termination of the contracts. Collaborates with IT business partners, financial managers, and the Vendors. Functions as the contracts’ subject matter expert in manage large complex Telco Agreements
Education and Experience
5-7 years of complex Contract Management and Sourcing within the Telecommunications and Technology contracting space with no less than 2-3 years of Telecommunications experience
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/training/certification.
MBA in Finance/ Accounting or related graduate degree
Demonstrated knowledge and mastery of Telecommunications contracts, deep knowledge of doing business with Major Telco communications providers .
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Contracts for technology products and services in accordance with Marriott standards to protect Marriott’s interests and get the best value for the company including leading contract negotiations (both legal contract language and pricing), developing negotiating strategies, aligning internal stakeholders on requirements and negotiation positions, setting expectations with all stakeholders, drafting contract language in accordance with Marriott policies and standards, and coordinating and scheduling meetings.
Administer, lead, coordinate and manage the competitive bid process for technology products and services in accordance with Marriott policies.
Tracks status and milestones of projects within Marriott’s IT contract management system.
Collaborates with key stakeholder groups to ensure process-related activities address company needs.
Guards and owns the integrity of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose and pricing is aligned with the terms of the agreement.
Works to resolve escalated issues.
Collaborates with Legal, Service Management, Service Delivery and Finance to maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of contracts.
Modifies contracts as needed.
Manages issues related to the contract and assists in interpreting the contract as needed.
Display command of a deep understanding of major Outsource agreements.
Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with regard to detailed Service Provider pricing models and related analysis. Must have expertise with Fixed Price SOW negotiations on Major Outsourcing initiatives.
Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative, out-of-the-box, solutions to solve complex contractual problems against the backdrop of driving cost savings
Be a self-motivated initiator moving projects towards resolution, facilitating needed actions, motivating others, and able to prioritize multiple efforts to deliver on-time results while working under aggressive scheduling.
Be an effective communicator at all organizational levels using oral and written skills including Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to express analysis, recommendations, and requisite communications in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to manage several complex RFP’s/RFX’s simultaneously while managing day to day contracting workload. (deal volume of 25-30 transaction documents at any one time.
Demonstrated experience in developing and executing negotiations strategy.
Must serve as SME for Telecommunications deals
Manages negotiations for amendments, contract interpretations, new services and any other issues requiring contractual resolution.
- Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams
- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing
- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Business Process and Analysis
– Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
IT Business Management –
Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.