Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Marketing Analyst - Cox Media Inc.','1718493','','Cox Communications','!*!Role Summary
The Cox Media Marketing Analyst researches, analyzes, and summarizes market, sales, product and other data that enable Cox Media Sales and Marketing to develop data-driven strategies and programs to attract new clients, grow total advertising spend with existing clients, and reduce overall client churn. Provides expertise on marketplace trends, competitive positioning, research-based sales tools and performance based campaign metrics to drive business decisions. Translates sometimes disparate data sets into actionable insights regarding opportunities to connect Cox Media multi-product solutions and clients’ marketing objectives.
The positions requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. Works independently with limited or remote supervision. Role is budget-driven; with pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals. Use of personal or company car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system. Travels 10-30% of the time. May occasionally participate in on- and off-site activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Requires significant collaboration with others with no formal organizational authority.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
• Provides Corporate and Local Markets with competitive information, research data, and related market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory, and identify cross-over opportunities.
• Proactively seeks out top programming stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material.
• Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue.
• Develops and delivers research-based training forthe Lead and Demand Generation Team.
• Provides data, programming data and analysis to Marketing Communications Specialist to supportcontent marketing efforts.
• Collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into client segments and identify market opportunities.
• Performs analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services.
• The perfect candidate stays on the cutting edge of the Mar-Tech world and makes recommendations on where to invest to help us on our journey.
• When there is a research story, the perfect candidate knows how to share it in such a way that it moves others to action.
• Has an interest in being part of a team that creates programs that drive people to purchase our solutions, and then stay with our solutions.
• Understands the principles of demand generation and the use of Marketing Content, CMS, in those efforts.
• 2 or more years of experience required in related field
• External candidates - 2 years of experience preferred researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 1 years).
• 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation.
• Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, communicating effectively, delivering customer service, formal presentations, functional competence, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, sales opportunity analysis, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Has a firm understanding of today’s SEO principles and digital media landscape.
• Ability to segment data and design lead generating campaigns at a high-level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
• 2 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
• Functionality with Access databases a plus.
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
• Optimally has working knowledge of SEO platforms like Conductor Searchlight, Brightedge or Moz (any a big plus!).
• Ability to segment data and design lead generating campaigns at a high level.
• Understands the customer journey, and has experience working with a Marketing Automation platforms like Eloqua or Marketo.
• The ultimate candidate will be able to uncover the story, decipher the elements, develop sound reasoning behind recommended actions and communicate the opportunity behind the numbers – knowledge of tools like Tableau and/or Alteryx is a bonus.
• Experience with CRM
COX-49','!*!About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.','Cox Communications, Inc.','US-AZ-Phoenix-4600 E Washington St','','Regular','Individual Contributor','Day Job','','No','Full-time','Ongoing','Marketing Analyst - Cox Media Inc.
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Website : http://www.coxenterprises.com
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.