Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Software Engineer II works with limited direct supervision on moderately complex new product development projects and provides technical expertise in the field of software design on his/her assigned projects.
1. Develop concepts and prepare product specifications for the software portion of moderately complex new products.
2. Design and develop software for cost effective complex new products in a timely manner.
3. Develop the software system writing part or all of the code and overseeing the interfacing of the entire system.
4. With the assistance of the technical staff, build, troubleshoot and test the Engineering prototypes of new products.
5. Develop documentation on projects: schematics, flow charts, manual input, etc.
6. Develop test specifications on products and assist the product support engineering function develop test procedures and fixtures.
7. Travel as required for product testing, vendor/customer visits, and to attend trade shows, etc.
8. Other specific duties as assigned.
Computer with Excel and Word
Software Development tools including compilers, linkers, and debuggers, and scheduling software
Products manufactured by Teledyne ISCO
BSEE or a BS in Computer Science with 3-6 years professional experience or advanced degree with 0-3 years professional experience. Preferably, experience should be in the design of imbedded micro-processor electro-mechanical products and/or PC Software. Must have the ability to program in C, or other applicable high level languages, have a demonstrated ability to program in assembly language and interface to peripheral devices with real time operating systems and have experience in telecommunications applications. A working knowledge of electronic logic circuit design is required. Eight years relevant additional experience is required in lieu of a degree.
Requires occasional standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, walking, manipulating, pushing pulling, tending, and feeling. Requires frequent negotiating, instruction, speaking, persuading, fingering, talking, grasping, hearing, and operating-controlling.
Requires the ability to synthesize, coordinate, analyze, compile, compute, compare, negotiate, instruct persuade, and speak.
Requires regular exacting mental and visual effort, and concentration. Requires the visual abilities sufficient to properly identify colors, and meet the visual abilities required for machine operators (without inspection).
Job will normally be performed in a combination of an office, laboratory, and factory setting.