For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180612-6961: Telecommunications Specialist II
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Fort EustisOpen Date6/14/2018 JOB DESCRIPTION
About the Job
STG, Inc., an affiliated company of SOSi, is seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to add to its team in support of the United States Army. This position is located in Ft. Eustis, VA. The Telecommunications Specialist designs, develops, tests, and evaluates networks and network infrastructure in to ensure system deployment, readiness, and uptime.
* Establish and maintain an administrative and logistical network to provide installation support and maintenance.
* Monitor all currently deployed systems and their connectivity status.
* Maintain configure, upgrade, and replace communications equipment and computers.
* Develop configuration management records and technical support for hardware and software.
* Provide pre-deployment support for a variety of communication systems including equipment preparation, transportation arrangements.
* Provide support for deployed communication systems to include equipment setup, establishment of communication, network operations, equipment maintenance, and tear down.
* Ensure users are trained and equipped for field operations.
* Conduct fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components or cable infrastructure.
* Generate reports on connectivity status and system uptime.
* High School Diploma
* 5 years of experience with Telecommunications Systems to include system operations, engineering, design, installation, repair, and analysis.
* Must have an active Secret Clearance
* DoD 8570 IAT-II compliant (Security CE, GSEC, CCNA-Security, SSCP)
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
* 8 years of experience with Telecommunications Systems to include system operations, engineering, design, installation, repair, and analysis.
* ICND1 or CCNA