Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Software Engineer II, Technology Lifecycle','180481','','Cox Communications','!*!Software Engineer II in Technology Lifecycle provides development support of current and future software platforms related to customer-facing video technologies. Primary function will be to facilitate and coordinate video software functionality across 3rd party and development organizations. This includes understanding and decomposing internal and external software change drivers in order to determine development impact. In addition, this role will drive direction and prioritization to internal and external development organizations in order to ensure video product cohesion. Maintains alignment of production software for set top box and second screen OS, firmware, middleware, and applications. Utilizes strong interpersonal skills that allow for developing exceptional relationships with various business, technical and operational departments.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Job Duties:
• Identifies, proposes, and influences business solutions, negotiates deliverables and requirements across multiple technical organizations as well as business customers.
• Anticipates industry future directions and relates those changes to current and future needs and projects.
• Partners with other functional groups to develop, manage, track, and analyze upcoming releases, methods and procedures, and processes to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a quality customer experience
• Ensures that production issues are prioritized, communicated appropriately and planned for resolution in future software releases or patches.
• Establish functional strategic goals for improving operations, products and services. Initiate activity aligned with achieving improvement goals.
• Oversees and leads 3rd party planning ','','','!*!Qualifications
• 2 years of experience required in related field (Software Development, Customer-Facing Video Technologies or application development)
• Requires strong practical experience with SDLC, Agile /DevOps methodologies. Client integration technologies, such as video platform Middleware, OCAP, RDK and or other related media technologies.
• Excellent soft skills required such as: interpersonal, communication, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
• Manage relationships between business, development and relevant technology departments.
• Ability to manage multiple vendor relationships and drive synergies between to drive innovative product offerings
• Strong focus on delivering a quality customer experience.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (computer science, engineering or related field)
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• Experience in a Project Management role desired','!*!About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.','Cox Communications, Inc.','US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd','','Regular','Individual Contributor','Day Job','','No','Full-time','Jan 16, 2018','Software Engineer II, Technology Lifecycle
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Website : http://www.coxenterprises.com
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.