General Communication, Inc.
Anchorage, AK, United States
Date Last Verified
GCI's Financial Analyst provides accurate financial information and supports corporate and departmental decision making by performing financial analyses and offering recommendations based on interpretation of analyses. Maintains financial records and adheres to controls and procedures for the financial stewardship and proper utilization of Company assets in compliance with Company policy and reporting requirements
Position’s Customers: Management, Senior Management, vendors, other business line and group executives and internal/ external customers.
Essential Duties at All Levels in the Position:
• Provide financial analysis of Group revenues, expenses, and costs of goods sold. Maintain oversight on operating costs. Develop and coordinate Business Cases. Develop, track, and report on group, Customer Budgets Sub-Contract invoice approval and payment. Provide input and data as requested by corporate level entities.
• Develop EBITDA performance tracking updates for management. Develop rolling eight quarter forecasts of EBITDA and capital requirements. Monitor, track, and report on Labor and material expenditures. Comparison of business plan expectations to actual results. Create and maintain capital and operating budgets, forecasts, and variance analyses. Research all variances.
• Answer internal and external audit questions. Maintain and administer processes/tools for financial and operational aspects of budget analysis, documentation and reporting. Accurate and timely preparation of journal entries ranging from simple to complex with appropriate backup documentation to include creation and maintenance of supporting spreadsheets. Accurate, detailed and timely analytical review of financial results fluctuations as needed.
• Overall financial analysis including revenues, cost of goods sold, operating costs, capital, subscribers, and key metrics for products and services. Publish monthly departmental reports as needed.
Job Qualifications at All Levels in the Position
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Ability to prepare and review financial analyses and documents, maintaining consistent analysis methodologies, finding and resolving errors in imported data and minimizing forecasting and analysis errors.
• Ability to efficiently develop financial computer models.
• Ability to move easily between detail and conceptual levels.
• Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision within varying and changing priorities and timelines.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of accounting procedures and solid understanding of accrual accounting based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Dependable with commitment to meeting deadlines. Willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines. Additional hours may include working additional time on weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or before work hours.
• Computer knowledge: proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software; proficiency in Microsoft Word or equivalent word processing software; knowledge of Oracle or equivalent accounting system, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project are desired.
• Communication skills: Demonstrated ability to: listen effectively to obtain technical information; verbally communicate (telephone, one-on-one and group presentations) technical requirements, costs, time scheduling information; respectfully demand personnel time and information necessary to meet deadlines; and prepare accurate and decipherable written reports and recommendations; must be able to communicate with personnel at all levels of the company.
• Interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to work well with others under stressful, time restricted conditions, displaying patience and tolerance and promoting teamwork.
Additional Job Requirements: This is an intermediate role and works under moderate supervision and works on moderately complex projects and assignments.
• Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting or finance required; experience in the Telecommunications industry preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business or closely related field required.
• In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job on a year for year basis.
• Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute toward education requirement.
o Preferred certifications: CPA, CFA, or MBA
• Maneuvering/lifting office equipment, paperwork, materials, and/or supplies of up to 20-pound loads occasionally, less weight more frequently.
• Daily office tasks frequently involve operation of standard office equipment (phone, fax, and copier) and computer and processing of paperwork, typically requiring sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting, and repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and seeing.
• Daily maneuvering workplace, typically sitting, standing, walking, and climbing steps.
Working Conditions: Most activities conducted inside. Work can be intense and stressful due to time/resource limitations when scheduling multiple tasks with inflexible deadlines.
The Company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be required to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.','US-AK-Anchorage','Analyst','','Nov 7, 2019','Donovan Kiley Dumas','Analyst, Financial
General Communication, Inc.
Website : http://www.gci.com