CNOC Technician II','18000067','!*!General Summary:
The CNOC (Customer Network Operations Center) Technician II will provide customer-facing technical support with a focus on supporting complex network solutions requiring multiple, dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and RIP, high-end networking services including IPSEC, NAT, COS, access control lists, and firewall solutions, and cutting edge product offerings.
The technician will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Technicians must be team oriented, have technical troubleshooting experience, and be able to work with internal and external contacts on behalf of our customers. Technicians must be self-motivated, client-centric, and possess the ability to apply dynamic policies and knowledge to resolve complex issues.
• Resolve customer reported trouble tickets:
Work individual queue based on severity level and prioritize work based on the customers’ business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process.
Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on trouble ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verify resolution.
Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed, and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
Escalate trouble tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
Manage all trouble tickets until resolution has been obtained, customer has confirmed restoration of service and ticket has been closed
Properly code trouble tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
• Participate in the on-going technical and product proficiency of the team.
• Contribute to high customer reference ability and retention by effectively managing multi-site caseload
• Utilize available technology to efficiently respond to client requests
• Prioritize work to meet or exceed client expectations
• Work in partnership with other internal service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
• Demonstrate uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything you do
• Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
• Meet MTTR goals of overall trouble tickets
• Maintain a schedule adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches); maintain a ticket Quality Score of 80% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status); meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets; No Trouble Found Reduction (from Baseline)
• Maintain a strong working understanding of voice network architecture, network/circuit testing processes, IP networking fundamentals, T1 and DSL installation/trouble-shooting procedures, and the number portability process.
• Off hours and Weekend availability will be required to service clients. Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customer calling patterns
• Strong working knowledge of IP networks, LAN, customer premise routers and switches, MPLS, Voice over MPLS and NNI network connections.
• Direct troubleshooting efforts for complex issues crossing multiple backbone services to include circuit levels (DS0, DS1 and DS3).
• The ability to understand, perform and document logical troubleshooting steps to isolate and then resolve network problems while maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Understanding of all levels of the OSI model and how each interacts when isolating and resolving issues with DSL.
• Strong knowledge of networking including: switches, routers, hubs, servers, cables, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS/CoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing, SNMP, WINS, DNS and DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, and secure communication protocols.
• Solid understanding of voice network in the following areas:
o Soft switches subscriber level troubleshooting
o SIP protocol troubleshooting and debugging
o CCS7 and call routing over PSTN
o VoiceMail Configuration/Troubleshooting
o LNP/CID Troubleshooting
o E911 Troubleshooting
o Hosted Voice troubleshooting
• Advanced IAD experience
o Cisco and Adtran configuration knowledge
Required Abilities & Competencies:
• Proven ability to multi-task, utilizing time management and work prioritization skills
• Intermediate to advanced level technical competence in a Windows-based environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Passionate focus on client responsiveness and ability to generate customer confidence
• Proficient use of Telnet, SSH, Ping, Traceroute and other network tools
- AAS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Network and systems certifications such as a CCNA is beneficial.
- Other additional network, voice, and systems professional certifications are a plus.
- Four-six years of experience supporting large customers in a carrier environment is a plus
Associate's Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
','US-Washington-Vancouver','','3000 Columbia House Blvd Suite 106',' ','Vancouver','98661-2969','Customer Service','Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.','Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.','CNOC Technician II
Website : http://www.windstream.com
Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq: WIN) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index. The company's corporate headquarters is in Little Rock, Ark. Windstream Holdings, Inc. provides communications and technology solutions in the United States. The company offers managed services and cloud computing services to businesses, as well as broadband, voice, and video services to consumers primarily in rural markets. Its primary business service offerings include integrated voice and data services, multi-site networking, data center services, managed services, high-speed Internet, voice services, and carrier services.