Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Executive Director, Learning Strategy','1714625','','Cox Communications','!*!The Executive Director of Learning Strategies is responsible for defining strategy and directing the execution of learning and development that result in the achievement of business goals. Leading a team of strategists aligned with functional business groups, this role will consult with the executive team and customer experience leaders to ensure alignment of learning and development goals with overall company strategy. This function serves as a key business partner with internal client organizations and manages the identification of L&D plans, client relationships, service delivery and reports on impact of initiatives based on learning and business results. This role will partner heavily with the learning operation group in delivering total learning solutions to their internal customers. They will also drive for timely, accurate and efficient client reporting. This role will also interface and own senior level audiences and ensure the solutions integrate throughout the functional lines of business, and foster and support focus on the external customer.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Lead a team of highly skilled functional experts that support overall business strategy.
• Consult with executive audiences on learning strategy and implementation plans.
• Consult across all of Talent Management and Development (TM&D), functional leadership and the business to integrate plans and ensure alignment of approach.
• Participate in the clients’ annual business strategy and goals setting sessions to map out learning strategy and outcomes for the next year.
• Work closely with learning operations to ensure execution of training strategy.
• Recommend progressive learning solutions that meet our internal customers’ needs/business goals.
• Track all work through to completion and determine overall impact (up to and including ROI) to the business.
• Fulfill and track all projects in flight on the master training collision calendar.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, according to budget and in-scope.
• Partner with learning operations on demand planning, prioritization and forecasting.
• In partnership with the leader of Learning Operations, define training delivery requirements and certify trainers to deliver training as required (for their functional alignments).
• Ensure execution of agreed upon plans for learning solutions through partnership with TM&D partners and vendors.
• Interfaces with functional leaders to anticipate challenges and provide an avenue for escalations.
• Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of learning strategy.
• 10 or more years of experience required in related field (leadership & organizational development, human resources, psychology).
• 5 years of leadership experience in related field
• At least 8 years of management experience
• Ability to think strategically, but see things all the way through to flawless execution.
• Requires strong knowledge of adult learning principles, project management and operational training experience.
• Hands-on org development experience, with proven results
• Strong analytic and diagnostic skills; A data-driven and metrics-driver approach.
• Excellent quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• Advanced consulting skills and a true customer service orientation towards internal clients
• Absolute integrity, discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information
• Team player approach at all times, and ability to work well at all levels of the organization
• Strong work ethic and initiative, with excellent time management, organizational skills, and project management skills
• Ability to influence and obtain buy-in from stakeholders at multiple levels of an organization. Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure the most effective identification of needs and application of organization effectiveness best practices, models, and tools.
• Executive presence and the ability to match rapport at all levels in the business
• Experience building strong relationships with colleagues in diverse geographic locations and executing in a virtual environment
• Strong knowledge of PC desktop packages (preferably Microsoft Office) with strong Excel skills
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic environment
• Ability and willingness to travel between offices (15% - 30% of the time)
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• MBA in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience in the telecommunications industry desiredCOX-537','!*!About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.','Cox Communications, Inc.','US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd','','Regular','Executive','Day Job','','Yes, 5 % of the Time','Full-time','Ongoing','Executive Director, Learning Strategy
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Website : http://www.coxenterprises.com
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.