IT Job Pro
The Lead Telecom Network Engineer will join our global Engineering team in managing a complex telecom environment in the areas of network, voice and collaboration technologies. The role is ideal for an individual who can be hands-on as well as a strategic\/ forward thinker. The role will require this Lead to quickly grasp the existing network architecture and help evolve it to the next level. The individual will participate and lead projects to deliver technology solutions, support current infrastructure by troubleshooting and resolving incidents, and consult with other experienced technologists to architect, design and implement new network, voice, and collaboration solutions. Experience\/ knowledge in network security aspect a huge plus.
– Manage a team of Engineers
– Provide technical support of BBHs telecom environment which includes Cisco Routers and Switches
– Evaluate performance and capacity of environment to determine required configuration changes, upgrades and feasibility of expanding or enhancing telecom operations.
– Strategic\/ forward thinking approach to managing the global network (wired and wireless)
– Liaison with other departments and organizations to understand their needs and incorporate in network team road map.
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Hands on experience of Installing, configuring patching, upgrading telecom\/ network equipment within offices and data centers.
– Experience in network security a plus
– Ability to work with minimal direction and ability to manage multiple projects
– 10 years of hands on experience with designing, installing, and troubleshooting Cisco enterprise communication network
– 3 years of proven experience in managing highly technical team.
– Strong leader that maximizes the teams skill set and performance by establishing and managing to strategic goals and objectives.
– Proficient at leading presentations for a broad audience of peers, business partners and executive leaders.
– Experience with engineering standards, design, and maintenance best practices for enterprise networks including LAN\/WAN, VoIP, Video, and Wireless
– Experience troubleshooting network related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in Routing, Switching, WAN Optimization, ACI\/SDN and Provisioning
– Strong working knowledge of TCP\/IP and other protocols such as H.323, SIP, BGP, and DNS as well as layer 2 technologies, such as OTV and layer 3 routing technologies, such as HSRP, GLBP, BGP, EIGRP, RIPv2 and OSPF
– Proficiency in Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.