Nokia Siemens Networks
NOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
1830 Engineer Planning Tools (EPT/WP) are state of the art optical planning tools that form the heart of all 1830 WDM Transmission system deployments.1830 WDM Transmission System portfolio is the core platform for Nokia IP/Optics. This system provides leading-edge optical transmission capabilities at industry-leading data rates (100G ), optical reach and bandwidth density, and a broad range of service capabilities including Ethernet, OTN switching, SONET, and SDH.The Switched WDM product group is the world s number one producer of high-speed optical networking equipment. The Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) team is expanding and looking for highly motivated and experienced engineers to join us to further enhance network flexibility and operational automation in a very fast growing and competitive environment.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
The candidate will
- Create a architecture for a Client-side automation infrastructure in support of the WaveLength Planner product
- Develop/test code necessary to support architecture using Python/Selenium & Webium tool sets
- Develop training material to roll the new automation infrastructure out to multi-locational team
- Monitor, develop corrective measures to address issues seen when the automation infrastructure is deployed in wide-scale testing against 100's or 1000's of clients- Work closely with the development team (systems engineers, circuit designers, and software developers), customer teams, and product management to understand Client-side testing needs,
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- A M.S. in optics, physics, or electrical engineering.
- 5 years experience in telecommunications network and system verification.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and also work effectively within a team.- Python/Selenium & Webium programming skills
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
The candidate shall be knowledgeable on a wide variety of networking issues and computer applications including the following:
- Technologies: DWDM, CWDM, SONET, OTN, Ethernet, IP
- Equipment: ROADM, OXC, EDFA, Raman Amplifiers, OEO-OXC
- Computer Language: Java, C, C
- Software Tools: Python, Python, Selenium, Webium MS Office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.