Here are careers in telecom that applicants can choose from:
1. Customer Service Representative (CSR) – can be a salesperson, telemarketer, or telephone operator. CSR’s works using a dialer system that involves a software, computer and headset.
2. Computer Administrators - design and monitor data, create programs for speed and usability of computers.
3. Telephone Operators are similar to customer service representatives in the sense that they assist customers. They receive calls for emergency or directory information, such as a business’ or individual’s phone number and address, including 911 emergency calls.
4. Engineers –They plan and improve methods of communication that is the base of telecommunication.
After choosing which telecom career you want, here is a step by step guide in becoming successful with any telecom jobs.
1. Be qualified for a telecommunication career - these jobs have qualifications that depend on the position being applied for that most companies strictly follow. Installers and operators and customer service representatives only need to show their high school diploma. While engineers and computer administrators need to have bachelor’s degree in their field of specialty. Telecommunication employees usually have degrees in computer science, mathematics and software design.
2. Search for job openings –use job search engines and attend local job fairs to get a wide array of companies to choose from. Find a company that is established and reputable. Check their job posting carefully and read instructions. Sometimes there are special instructions included. When these details are overlooked, you will receive immediate disqualification.
3. The curriculum vitae should be submitted along with a cover letter. Do not forget to dress properly for the interview. This is the first time that you will be seen by the company in person. The outfit worn during these dealings should be formal; but avoid overkill. The applicant should look respectable but not too dressed up to look like the CEO. Shine your shoes; they tell so much about a person.
4. Continue to learn even when already earning a salary. Learn from your mistakes or learn new things will help in the long run of your career. Apply what you discover to improve your work. Telecom careers and the industry itself depend on new technology and new ideas. The results of hard work, the statistics achieved in selling, the attendance and the ability to learn are all points for a promotion.
5. Be pro-active and help the employer by giving suggestions and feedback about certain company policies. The telecom jobs and the industry are very dynamic and exciting. Support your co-workers and always offer help. Even you need the support of others to succeed. Everybody needs support especially when it comes to careers.
6. Evaluate yourself regularly. Do not wait for another to point out your shortcomings. Exceed expectations by improving yourself through your own assessment. Identify your strengths, weaknesses and check your performance over a period of time.
7. Finally, to have a successful telecommunications career, put everything in your life in place. Have time for both work and personal life. You can easily accomplish your work when you do not have any problems distracting you. We are humans after all, and no matter how much we try, we will never completely separate business from personal life.
If you’re looking for a telecom career, go to TelecomCrossing.com and sign up today to instantly gain access to thousands of telecom jobs. Sign up today to access our exclusive job listings in telecom.